Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Clothes Spin: Fashion Love for June 2013

This post is about two weeks late and it has been sitting in my drafts for that long. I wanted to finish the site up first -- get the design and my other tweaks implemented -- before I started posting again. So anyway, here it is.

I've been really bad at posting looks here. I'm not a fashionista (being the former editor of a fashion website doesn't necessarily make you one) but I do love clothes and shoes and accessories. My style is pretty casual, and I don't have the time nor the willingness to put in the effort to model looks or do actual photo shoots. I just want to wear what I want and then snap a quick pic of it at the start or end of the day. I do post about fashion things from time to time on Instagram though -- sometimes whole looks, at times just bits and pieces of outfits -- so I decided to just do a recap post with all the details. Maybe I'll do this every month, or maybe I'll post randomly -- I don't really know yet. For now, here are my favorite looks from June.

Orange Schmorange
June 2 - Wore this for just a random day out in the city. I built the outfit around my orange Nike wedge sneakers. Outfit inspiration: Kate Bosworth - pic is in this post about my sneakers.


Black Bench t-shirt, orange and gold Yhansy triangle necklace, burnt orange sheer skirt from Landmark, and Nike Dunk Sky Hi Mesh wedge sneakers in Total Crimson/Bright Mango (blogged here)  

Forever 21 bicycle ring, gold and silver Relic boyfriend watch, orange and gold triangle bracelet from St. Francis tiangge, Forever 21 nail polish in Navy 




Dark Florals
June 8 - Had a weekend date with the hubby. This Topshop dress is one of my absolute favorites.


Silver butterfly earrings from some place I've forgotten, floral striped Topshop dress, pink fringed Mango bag, black Cotton On sandals  

Silver rings from SM Department Store


Orange and Blue Arm Candy 
June 9 - Hubby and I met up with my best friend Hazel and her hubby Felix. Was feeling orange and blue that day. [Random fact: orange and blue was the color theme for my wedding!]

Bracelets from St. Francis tiangge, Forever 21 love bangles, H&M turquoise ring from Beijing (pasalubong from my friend Cielo), and my wedding and engagement rings


Popsicle Orange
June 12 - Independence Date with the hubby. It was a lovely, chill day.

Orange Cotton On bangle, orange Mango bangle, orange Cole Vintage satchel, Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer bag tag in Tangelo Orange Twist, orange ballet flats from Australian at Cinderella


Silver Badassery
June 14 - Wore these to go with my Captain America shirt during the first day of Toy Con.

Gray Angry Little Girls F*@k! F*@k! F*@k! bag from Anthem, oxidized silver star bangle from some place I forgot, blue Cole Vintage cuff


Trust Your Doctor
June 15 - Had a Doctor Who-inspired outfit for the second day of Toy Con. Got my sonic on!

Blue Trust Your Doctor Tardis shirt from a limited run by Revolution 9, dark blue Bench jeans, dark blue Forever 21 wedge sneakers, blue Cotton on bangle, Tenth Doctor sonic screwdriver from Geekerie Shirts


Toy Con High
June 16 - Was still in a Toy Con high with the hubby when we went to spend Father's Day with my dad, hence the geeky outfits.

On me: This Is Not My Time Machine shirt by Lawrence Villanueva for Threadless (Doctor Who + Bill & Ted!), orange Cole Vintage satchel with the Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer bag tag in Tangelo Orange Twist, Zara khaki trousers, orange and brown boat shoes from Celine Phils.  On him: gray Mario shirt from Old Navy, Bench jeans, orange and blue New Balance sneakers.


Feeling Blue
June 26 - Met up with my friend Cielo that night and had a food trip around Kapitolyo. I have way too many blue accessories.

Blue belt bangle from Market Market, gold Forever 21 love bangle, blue wrap bracelet from Meg, blue oversized triangle ring from Yhansy, my engagement ring, and my wedding ring


Pretty in Pink
June 28 - Had a "Real Newlywed Wives of Manila" meetup with my friend Geli. I went with different shades of pink.

Bright pink knotted top from Folded & Hung, Bench jeans, light pink fringed bag from Mango, neon pink flats from Payless


Turning on the Charm
June 28 - Same day -- I toned down all the pink with oxidized silver and gray accessories.

Oxidized silver Guess charm bracelet, steel Silverworks Scholastican charm bracelet, gray Aldo watch


Dressed for the Rain
June 30 - The hubby and I went to visit my dad in Cavite and then had a coffee date after back in Ortigas that day. It was rainy, and we dressed accordingly by wearing our ukay-found jackets. Now I am so not an ukay person, but the hubby likes to go sometimes just for kicks, and somehow we almost always find something cool for each of us. 

On me: H&M Label of Graded Goods thrifted denim jacket, beige Mango top, Bench jeans, Harajuku Lovers bag, Converse Chuck Taylors with Jack Skellington (from A Nightmare Before Christmas) laces. On him: no-brand thrifted jacket, Energie shirt, Bench jeans, Converse Chuck Taylors.

2 comments: