Sunday, June 7, 2015

Home Base: Creative Pursuits - What's In My Kipling 100 Pens Case

My pen collection has grown considerably lately, what with all the scrapbooking and planner stuff I've been doing. I heard about the Kipling 100 Pens Case, which is well-loved by the creative community and immediately thought -- that is so perfect! As it turned out, I know someone who works at Kipling, and she was a huge help in helping me get it. [Thanks Ate Millet!] It's not available locally, so it had to be sourced from Hong Kong. I got it a few weeks ago, and I'm so happy with it.


The Kipling 100 Pens Case is, as its name says, a case that can fit 100 pens. I love that it's so roomy, and not only do I store my pens in it, but it also holds the tools that I use most often. Here's a peek into what's inside. 


The inside has two parts. On top are 25 pen slots. The sizes of these slots vary, and they're tight, so figuring out which pens went into which slots was a bit of a puzzle.

  • Orange Muji fine point pen
  • Rainbow-colored Dong-A gel pens
  • Parker pen with my name engraved on it
  • Sharpies in black, blue, gray, plus a slim point one in light blue
  • Double-pointed Muji markers in light blue, dark blue, orange, and purple
  • Stabilo highlighters in coral and orange
  • Stabilo fine point pens in vintage blue and gray
  • Pilot Frixion needle point pens in blue and orange
  • A couple of kokeshi (Japanese doll) pens

The second part of the case is just storage space. Instead of putting more pens there, I decided to stuff it with my most essential tools. This way, I can just bring this case around with me when I'm working on projects.

  • Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic roller date stamp
  • Blue and pink striped Mt Casa washi tape
  • Blue and orange chevron  Hey Kessy washi tape
  • Black Pilot Frixion ballpoint pen 
  • Becky Higgins roller date stamp
  • No brand date stamp from Fullybooked
  • Kokuyo Dotliner adhesive tape
  • Kokuyo Dotliner refill
  • Jenni Bowlin Fountain Pen ink pad
  • Tokyo Finds correction tape
It has so much stuff in it, but there's actually room for more. It's really sturdy too, and has solid zippers. It's such a handy little thing.


I don't regret getting this case one bit! It fits in seamlessly with my creative routine. I love it, I love it, I love it. 



What do you use to keep your pens and tools? Let's talk in the comments.  

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Miss Julls, I need that Kipling case. Huhu. I miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex! Miss you too! I haven't been able to blog and read blogs, but I'll be back soon. :)

      Delete