Friday, June 20, 2014

Makeup Madness: Up Close - Maybelline Color Elixir in Glam 13 [My Favorite My-Lips-But-Better Lipstick]

Hello! This is a sort of Flashback Friday post because I've had this product for a while but for some reason, never wrote it up. (It was part of my mini haul back during the holidays.) I've been using it way too much though, so it's about time I did a post on it.

I like strong colors when it comes to lipstick, but I have discovered the benefits of a good my-lips-but-better shade. It's all thanks to Maybelline Color Elixir in Glam 13. I have no idea what the actual name of the shade is because Maybelline names products differently in Asia, but if I have to hazard a guess it would be either Caramel Infused or Intoxicating Spice. I've had my-lips-but-better lipsticks before, but it easily became my new favorite. Here's why.

The Product

The Color Elixirs first captured my fancy because of the brilliant packaging. It's like a lip gloss with a brush and all, but it looks like a lipstick at the same time. 


  

I loved it more when I started using it. The formula also feels like it's between that of a lip gloss and a lipstick. It applies like a gloss but dries like a lipstick. It's smooth and velvety and gives great color payoff. The doe-foot applicator is a little wider than other lip gloss brushes so it sometimes gives me too much product to work with, but it's also a lot flatter, which makes it easy to spread the color around on the lips.



The Swatch

Glam 13 looks almost brown in the tube -- like a dark cinnamon color -- but it's actually a bit on the pink side. It looks really natural on  my lips, but makes them a tad more polished than when they're bare. 


The Mugshot

This has become my everyday shade that I use on days when I don't want to wear makeup. It's such a fuss-free color, and stays on a lot longer than I first expected it to. It wipes off easily though, but quite a bit of color stays on your lips and you don't need as many retouches as a regular gloss. 


My Thoughts

I wasn't sure about this color at first. I just bought it on a whim because I want more shade variety in my lipstick collection, but it turned out terrific! 

What's your favorite my-lips-but-better shade? 

No comments:

Post a Comment