Monday, January 12, 2015

Beauty Barrage: Manicure Monday - Melon Polish

I can't believe I haven't done a Manicure Monday in close to a year! The last one was the Fault in our Stars polish that is still getting so many hits for some reason. Who knew, right?

If you've been following this blog, you probably know the reason why I haven't done one in ages. You would know that I'm both very manicure-challenged and terribly obsessive-compulsive, so I rarely ever do my nails. It's major effort for me, so I just get them done at a salon when I actually have the time and energy for it, and that's also a rare thing. I also do my nails sometimes but ruin them before I get to photograph them, so really, it's tough trying to blog about nail polish when you're like me! Well, this year I'll be trying my hardest to do more manicures just so I can use up my nail polish collection! Why I have tons of polish, I have no idea. Okay let's catch up, shall we?

Oooh orange!


For the past several months, I've been into cantaloupe orange. You know me and my oranges, but I like how melon-colored polish looks so cheerful and unique. The latest one I wore was Sephora Formula X in Incandescent. It was in my New Things post back in September, and here's what I said about it:
This is Essie Button's fault. She's been talking about Sephora Formula X nonstop, and I immediately fell in love with this particular shade when I first saw it online. I can never resist unusual orange shades, and this is another pretty cantaloupe color! Long story short, I had to get it. When my friend Sheva went to London and asked me if I wanted her to get anything, this was the first thing I thought of (thanks). 


I love the bottle and I love the color! It's a light pastel orange that reminds me of melon candy. It looks very pretty in any kind of light.


I was surprised when it was applied though -- the formula was quite thick, and it felt a little gloopy. It applied easily enough however, so that was a relief. The most disappointing part about this lacquer though was that it was supposed to be super long-lasting, but it chipped on me after three days. What was up with that? I usually ruin my nail polish with a scratch or two after I step out of the salon, but nail polish normally stays on my nails for a week or more. It started falling off in chunks, which was strange. 


Still, I really do love this color and how it looks on nails! Next time I'll probably use this polish when I do manicures myself, because if it chips like it does, it won't be worth a salon visit. I'll do an update when I give it a second chance. 

Did you ever have polish that chipped on you like crazy? Do you like pastel orange lacquer? Let's talk.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I just don't like this nail polish! Both the colors I've tried were extremely streaky and yes, chipped just after a few days. I'm so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it's pretty disappointing especially since it looks so good on paper. :(

      Delete