Sunday, January 4, 2015

Makeup Madness: First Look - Firestarter Cosmetics

When Laura from Firestarter Cosmetics emailed to tell me that they were sending over stuff, I was beyond excited. I've always been curious about indie makeup, and now I finally get to try some! When the package from Firestarter headquarters in Thunder Bay, Canada arrived, I just ripped through it immediately. Here's my first look at the loot.

Eyeshadow pots + a bonus shadow sachet + a tube of lip balm, yay!


Firestarter Cosmetics are natural and vegan-friendly. They actually have an ingredients page on their website so you know exactly what went into your makeup. 

Everything inside the package

I was thrilled that they sent me their lip balm, because I can never resist hoarding lip products. I love that it's tangerine too, because that's usually the flavor I choose when I get lip balm. I began using it immediately and I still use it now. It tastes so good, like fresh orange juice. 

The package contained one of their Misfit colors -- a kind of shimmery, neutral one. Misfits are colors that didn't quite meet their standards. The color might be a bit off, or it just turned out to be too similar to something they already had. I'm glad that they don't waste product and still include Misfits as random free treats for their customers, and I'm glad that they sent me one.



They sent me six eyeshadow pots! I couldn't believe it. These are loose powder pigments -- a first for me -- so I can't wait to try them out. My first impression is that they could be really messy since the containers have these little covers inside that require some force to open. However, I think the very pigmented, pretty pastel colors will make up for it. Check out the swatches below.



I'm going to test these out on weekends. The colors look so fun! I normally go for neutral or dark shadow, so this a chance for me to get out of my comfort zone and experiment a little. 


I'll be back with reviews, hopefully soon!

Have you tried indie makeup? What's your take on them? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm too scared to use pigments. I feel like I'm going to make a big mess if I use them. Haha! But let me know how you get on with these, the colors look really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm scared as well, so I'm waiting for a free day when I can actually play with them. I'll do an update post on this for sure!

      Delete