Sunday, January 11, 2015

Beauty Loot: Stuff I've Been Using

Since it has been a while since I've been blogging regularly, I thought I'd do a post on stuff I've been using. I haven't really been buying much makeup -- I've just been trying to use up my current stash, but every now and then, something catches my eye and I get it. All my recent loot has been drugstore stuff, actually. Here's the list, and what I think of them.

  • Creightons Mango & Papaya Balance Bath & Shower Gel - I'm very bad at shopping for Christmas gifts. I gave this Creightons shower gel to some of my friends as presents and I couldn't help but get one for myself. My friend Cielo introduced me to this brand some time ago and I used up the Coconut bottle she gave me really quickly. I found the Mango & Papaya one along with the Coconut ones at Beauty Bar, and I got a bunch for me and my friends without even thinking about it.
  • Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Fragrance Mist and PocketBac Hand Sanitizer - I'm not a big fan of floral scents, except for cherry blossom fragrances. Maybe it's the Japanese aspect of it, or maybe because it's a unique scent, I have no idea, but I love it. I thought I needed a break from my usual Sea Island Cotton, so I went to the Landmark Bath and Body Works kiosk and got the Japanese Cherry Blossom fragrance mist and hand gel
  • Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia - Ingrid Nilsen loves Nivea Lip Butter, so when I found it in SM Dept. Store, I decided to try it. The flavor's so good, I feel like eating the entire tin. 
  • Maybelline Color Ink - I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos, so when I saw Maybelline was on sale, this was a no-brainer. I have no idea what the shade name is, but it's a very pretty champagne-y color that will work great alone or as a base. 
  • NYX Round Lipstick in Violet Ray - I was buying gifts at NYX and I happened upon this shade (yep, I told you when I buy gifts for others I always end up buying them for myself too, heh). NYX Violet Ray is a really deep, rebellious, dark purple that I decided to get for the holidays. I've worn it out during the day because it was Christmas and I was feeling festive, but it's best worn at night.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural - I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder that I ordered from Glambox Manila for a while now because I've been very low maintenance with my makeup habits. I've been too lazy to do my makeup so I just swipe on some BB cream and then use this to set it. 
  • Nichido Kabuki Brush - I needed a kabuki brush for my powder and thought I'd try out a local brand first (at least I think this is local). So far, I have no regrets with this Nichido kabuki brush. It isn't the softest, but it isn't scratchy either. 
That's about it. I've been buying a ton of Lush recently too, but that's going to be for another post because I just love Lush hauls. See ya!

Have you tried any of these products? Did you like them?     

2 comments:

  1. I also have half the products in this post (great minds!) and love them too! The Rimmel powder is really good at controlling oil and I've hit pan on the current one I'm using. I like the Nivea lip butter and I agree, the Maybelline Color Tattoo is a great base! I use it alone all over the lids when I'm wearing winged liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel sets my powder well, but I have no idea if it keeps oiliness at bay because I have dry skin, heh. The Nivea lip butter is awesome, and you know I love my Color Tattoos!

      Delete